Monday 4 August 2014

TOP 10 TIPS

How to deal with the beast. Yes, that awful beast the CSA is.

These are my top ten tips of what I learnt in over two years' experience of painful dealing with them.

1. Keep a little CSA notepad with you. You will need it every time you call them.

2. Always, always, have a pen at hand and ask for the name, surname of the person you are talking to as well as the name of office they work in.

3. If you notice, within a couple of weeks, that your calls are being ignored, stop wasting your time by calling them. Use letters and start writing to them instead.

4. Complain formally. Escalate your case to the 'Independent Case Examiner' office also and start copying them in ALL of your correspondence. Their address is: Po Box 209, Bootle, L20 7WA. (tel. 0345 6060777)

5. Do not wait weeks in between each communication. Be prompt and be in touch with them regularly (weekly if you can)

6. Any supportive information to your case is useful. If, like in my case, you have been diagnosed with depression and all the wrong-doing created by the CSA is not helping, ask your Doctor to write  you a letter, which you can send over to the CSA and Independent Case Examiners. This is something my own GP did without me asking her. She just volunteered to do it for me, as she sees me every four weeks for a general visit and she is aware of my condition.
Or perhaps if you have a good relationship with your boss/employer, they may be willing to supply a letter in support of your case.

7. If you can't work, for whatever reason,  please explain this to the CSA in a detailed manner, so your financial struggle is documented (although remember, they won't care for it in the slightest). You just do it for documentation purposes only.

8. Always keep your calm when reasoning with them. Using an excessive emotional 'angle' (when writing to them) or raising voices (on the phone) won't help at all (I tried that too, so I know for experience, trust me). CSA employees are the most 'unemotional' office workers you will ever find, so they won't care if you have no money for bread or nappies.

9. Write to your MP and include any supportive letters (as mentioned above). My MP helped (slightly) the case because he wrote to the CSA and the CSA replied promptly to both of us. My case is still ongoing, so I cannot inform you (just yet) of any positive outcome, but at least I know my MP did something about it.

10. Remember, you are doing all this because you love your children. You are going through this hell because it is your duty as a mother to try all you can to obtain justice for your kids.


No comments:

Post a Comment